~ Youth is a gift of nature, but age is a work of art. SJ Lec
Ageing – it happens to us all. With those passing years comes infinite wisdom and a strong sense of who we are. But those passing years also bring changes to our skin, and we may begin to ask ourselves, is there a way to defy time?
What happens to our skin as we age?
To truly understand how to prevent the skin ageing more quickly than it needs to, it is essential to know what happens to the skin as we age.
As the years go on, the bright, healthy, elastic skin of our Youth slowly begins to diminish.
Some of the tell-tale signs of ageing include:
- Sagging skin.
- The skin becomes thinner, blood vessels become visible, and pores may increase in size.
- The slowing down of our micro-circulation.
- Collagen and elastin fibres begin to degrade.
- The skin becomes dry and rougher as our natural production of Hyaluronic Acid reduces. The skin is unable to retain moisture as it once did.
- The skin is more prone to irritation and infection.
- Our facial contours change as fat distribution, skin tone, bone density and elasticity all transform.
- Our skin-cells renewal slows down.
- The reduced activity of our Sebaceous glands which impairs the production of our hydrolipidic film.
- Poor elimination of hydrogen peroxide. This detoxification process is not as effective and harms our cells.
- Decreased activity of the Langerhans cells. These cells protect our skin from foreign and external aggressions.
What Can We Do About Ageing?
While ageing is inevitable, your skin does not need to age prematurely. Lifestyle plays a vital role in this too, so avoid sun exposure, don’t smoke, exercise regularly and eat healthily to ensure your skin stands the best chance. These preventative measures can significantly reduce the risk of premature ageing.
Engaging in a great skincare routine and choosing the best products for your skin type are both essential in the bid to defy time.
This month discover Gernetic’s anti-ageing sensation, Nuclea. This cream restores the skin at a deep level, stimulating cellular activity and repairing DNA to reduce the depth of wrinkles dramatically. Nuclea’s nourishing, antioxidant properties can also reduce pigmentation related to ageing. It also has astounding effects on scarring. Nuclea is highly rejuvenating, making it the ideal cream to use to slow down the ageing process.
Discover Nuclea in our unique Anti-Ageing Box Set this month and save on advanced anti-ageing. Included in the box set are:
- Derma to gently but deeply cleanse, moisturise and balance the skin’s PH.
- Synchro 2000, a light-textured alternative to Synchro cream with identical healing and nourishing properties. Boasting anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and incredible healing properties, Synchro 2000 regenerates skin cells and stimulates healthy cell turnover.
As the body’s largest organ, our skin works hard to protect us and carry us through our lives. With a better understanding of how the skin changes as we age, we can more confidently meet its specific needs and enjoy healthier, younger-looking skin for longer.
For all your Anti-Ageing, Rejuvenating Skincare solutions, contact a Salon Near You