The Serum to Defy Ageing
The story of our lives is told by our skin, which makes every year all the more beautiful. But all women strive for healthy skin that is radiant and some of us would love to smooth away just some of the years.
After the age of 40 our skin undergoes some important changes:
- Cell renewal begins to slow down, which leads to the appearance of wrinkles.
- The Fibroblasts, which are the cells responsible for producing collagen and elastin, begin to degenerate. This eventually leads to a loss of skin elasticity.
- The sebaceous glands reduce their activity. This means the skin’s protective hydrolipidic film is impaired and skin becomes dry and rough.
- Langerhans cells decrease in activity. These cells form part of the skin’s immunity, protecting it from external aggressors. With age our skin is more vulnerable.
- Micro-circulation slows down, leading to poorer nutrition and elimination.
The skin is a complex organ and the ageing process affects the 3 major layers – the epidermis, the dermis and the hypodermis. As time passes, skin loses its tautness, causing a sagging appearance and wrinkles become visible and more extensive.
Some factors to aggravate the ageing process are within our control. Lifestyle, nutrition, smoking, excess alcohol or drugs have a definite impact. Emotional stress, hormones and genetic make up also play a role.
For many women, at this time in their lives, the search begins for the elusive elixir of youth. We are bombarded by the array of products that make big promises, often without pleasing results.
Gernétic has an anti-ageing range that is sought after worldwide, based on extensive research in cellular biology and advanced biotechnology, Les Parfaits uses the most potent active ingredients available to cosmetology today. Of the 3 products in the range, the Parfait Repairing Serum provides quintessential rejuvenation. A concentrated solution of peptides with 17 amino acids, numerous minerals, trace elements and vitamins, this serum has been shown to prevent, slow down and reverse the manifestations of ageing.
Youthful, radiant skin is at our fingertips with Gernétic’s Parfait Repairing Serum.