One of our favourite berries is the delicate, vibrant coloured raspberry. A powerhouse of numerous health benefits, the raspberry is a rich source of nutrients, minerals and vitamins. Include this exquisite berry in your daily diet to help lower the risk of cancer, obesity, cardiovascular diseases and even enhance your skin!
Let’s take a closer look:
1. Cancer-fighting: With one of the highest concentrations of antioxidants of any fruit on earth, raspberries lower oxidative stress, reducing inflammation and thus changing the development or reproduction of cancer cells.
2. Heart Healthy: Packed with potassium, the raspberry helps to regulate heartbeat and blood pressure and the high content of minerals such as manganese, copper and iron help to produce red blood cells. red blood cells.
3. Beautiful skin: Raspberries are full of Vitamin C, which helps repair skin tissues and aids in cell regeneration of the skin and blood vessels for a healthier, glowing complexion.
4. Immunity Boost: The rich content of vitamin C mean raspberries increases general immunity to everyday illnesses. The antioxidants can prevent some of the effects of ageing, keeping us healthy for years to come.
5. Weight Loss Wonder: The raspberry is low in fat and high in fibre, so they fill you up without weighing you down with extra calories.
Recipe for Healthy Skin
Enjoy a refreshing, delicious juice this Summer, packed with 3 types of berries to give you a boost of all these amazing health benefits. Add some honey for a natural energy boost and try adding bee pollen for protein.
1 cup blackberries
1 cup blueberries
1 cup raspberries
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon bee pollen
½ cup water
Blend ingredients until smooth, and pour through a strainer if desired. Serve chilled and enjoy!