Did you know that one of the most powerful skin foods is actually a drink? Bursting with antioxidants to promote DNA repair, green tea can protect against skin cancer and fight the signs of ageing.
Green tea’s anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce redness and irritation on the skin and the high levels of vitamins B2 and E are essential for skin health maintenance. B2 maintains collagen levels for firmness while Vitamin E enhances new skin cell growth and provides intense hydration.
When warm summer days demand something cool and refreshing why not try this delicious iced green tea and let your skin soak up all the wonderful health benefits!
Iced Green Tea
8 cups of water
8 whole green tea bags
3 Tbsp honey (optional)
4 sprigs fresh mint
4 slices lemon
1. Place water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Add tea bags and remove the pan from heat.
2. For lightly-sweetened iced tea, stir in honey and mix until dissolved.
3. Let the tea steep until desired strength is reached. Remove tea bags and allow the tea to cool.
4. Refrigerate until chilled.
5. Serve over ice with a garnish of fresh mint and/or lemon, if desired.
For all your Anti-Ageing, Rejuvenating Skincare solutions, visit a GERnétic Salon Near You.
Recipe source: https://www.everydayhealth.com