Spring Into Life!
All around us we witness heightened activity as life picks up its pace and inspires us to become more energetic.
Not quite feeling it? You are not alone! If your body feels less like a temple and more like a building in dire need of renovation, then it is time to spruce it up with a detox program.
Detoxing is not just for those who indulged in too many hot chocolates over winter. Detox programs can be ideal for anyone suffering from low energy, frequent headaches, hormonal imbalances, digestive issues and weakened immune systems.
Steps to a successful detox:
– Choose fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables. Buy organic produce when possible.
– Avoid packaged and processed foods.
– Read ingredient lists on products to ensure that the food does not contain high amounts of saturated fat or sugar.
– Add fresh vegetable juice to your diet and avoid alcohol and coffee.
– Move your body – gentle exercise such as yoga, walking and swimming stimulate the natural detox process.
With an abundance of fresh produce available, Spring is the perfect time to start a detox.
So while you are busy spring cleaning your home, do some spring cleaning to your body too!