Top Tips For Healthy Skin and A Happy Mind
The changeover from Winter to Spring is the most significant time in nature, heralding new beginnings. It is the perfect time to reassess life and health and set the wheels in motion towards a happier, stronger you.
Try some of these ideas to get yourself feeling Spring-tastic!
Remember baby steps are the secret to success and you will soon be well on your way.
Boost Your Mental Wellbeing
– Find time to get outdoors into nature; truly invigorating, it will clear the mind and keep you focussed.
– Plan your meals so that you are eating plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables and lean proteins. By planning in advance you are more likely to stick to a healthy diet.
– Start your day with a glass of warm water and lemon; an easy way to detox your liver and give you a boost of Vitamin C.
– Step into yoga or meditation for a myriad of health benefits, both physically and emotionally.
– Make a list of your goals and begin to work towards them.
– Give yourself some much-needed ‘me time’ each day to center yourself. Looking after yourself means you can look after the others in your life without becoming depleted.
Boost Your Skin Health
The beginning of Spring is also the perfect time to take a look at your skincare routine. Winter often plays havoc on the skin, leaving it dry and sensitive.
As the body’s largest and fastest-growing organ, our skin needs to be treated with love and care.
Here are our 3 top tips to help your skin stay hydrated and thrive :
1. Use natural ingredients on your skin.
The skin absorbs the products we put on it, so we need to be sure we are only applying products with safe and nourishing ingredients. Gernétic skincare is packed full of vital and essential nutrients, with a rich composition of proteins and amino acids, to empower skin cells with regenerative and protective functions.
2. Heal your gut!
A clear connection has been shown between the gut microbiome and the skin, particularly relating to conditions such as acne, rosacea, eczema and dermatitis. Understanding how the foods we eat or may not eat enough of, can be affecting our skin health is essential. By addressing your gut health you will be well on your way to healthy, hydrated and more vibrant skin.
3. Good fats are key.
Is your diet good for your skin? It needs to be! Getting sufficient nutrients from whole-food-based diet is important, in order to achieve and maintain optimum skin health and hydration.
Cut down on certain foods such as dairy and reﬁned sugar in order to lower the secretion of the stress hormone cortisol and minimize breakouts. Fill up on fresh vegetables and fruit, nuts and seeds, high-quality meat, seafood and eggs to obtain plenty of antioxidants, zinc and collagen-building proteins.
Step into Spring feeling and looking amazing with these top tips and enjoy the renewed energy that the new season brings with it.